Practice your life drawing or painting skills in a friendly but focused environment!
Artists with a desire to study the human figure come from different backgrounds, such as college students, professionals, weekend warriors, and adult learners exploring new interests.
These sessions are dedicated to providing an organized and respectful environment for the study of the human figure for all skill levels.
Rules, Regulations, and Guidelines
Everyone is here to create on their own time with their own goals in mind.
These rules are in place to create a friendly but focused environment for all involved.
Please respect the privacy and personal space of other artists!
- Please no critiquing others’ work.
- Please do not ask for critiques from other artists. Some artists might be shy about giving any sort of art advice to others. Other artists are also teachers and it is their day off to work on their own projects!
- Refrain from talking during model poses.
- Limit loud disruptions during model poses such as going through supplies or ripping paper.
- Please arrive on time to sessions. If late to a session, please wait until break to set up station.
- Costs cannot be prorated based on arriving late or leaving early.
- The session monitor has the final say on all poses. Please ask for a pose check if the model seems out of place.
- Respect the model’s personal space.
- No photography of the model.
- No chalk pastel may be used in the studio (the sticks that come in many colors).
Charcoal and conte ok.
- Odorless mineral spirits only (like Gamsol). No turps.
- Do not pour any solvents down the drain.
- Please clean up any material accidents.